I’ve said this countless times – I personally find that making “healthy alternatives” is this is the best way to still indulge in your “guilty pleasures” while minimizing “food guilt”. Even if you go overboard, it is a lot harder to feel guilty when you know you are nourishing your body with stuff that is good for your whole body!
This recipe is insanely delicious, super healthy and it has had me eating cookies for breakfast the last couple of days haha – enjoy!
Recipe serves about 15 cookies
- 3/4 cup of organic sweet potato puree (your best bet is finding this in the baby food aisle)
- 1.5 cups of large flake oatmeal (depending on the type of oats you use, you may need to add more to make it a better “cookie dough consistency”)
- 2 tbsp of organic apple sauce
- 3 tbsp of nut butter
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- As many dark chocolate chips as you desire!
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a large baking sheet
- Combine above ingredients together, slowly mix until completely combined.
- Drop by large spoonfuls or roll into small balls on baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!