If you are overweight, under a lot of stress, on prescription medications or experiencing a hormonal imbalance like low testosterone – it is actually quite common to experience a low sex drive.
But how can you increase your sex drive naturally?
- Improve your sleep (basically lack of sleep = lack of testosterone and lack of vaginal lubrication)
- Decrease your stress levels and add in adaptogens if necessary to increase sexual desire and establish hormonal balance.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration can cause fatigue, headaches and vaginal dryness – all which lead to low sexual desire.
- Get movement in that supports a positive hormonal profile
- Add natural aphrodisiacs to your meals (avocados, dark chocolate and almonds are my fav)
- Avoid consuming fried foods, processed foods, refined sugar in excess as they can have a negative effect on your hormones.
- Check your iron levels (low iron levels can have a negative affect on libido, lubrication and ability to have an orgasm). Only supplement with iron if you have a deficiency.
- Be aware of your Na:K ratio. If you are consuming a diet high in sodium, without enough potassium (avocados, spinach, bananas etc) – this can contribute to high blood pressure (aka decreased blood flow to the sex organs)