Recipe makes about 30 cookies!
- 3 cups cassava flour
- 2 scoops Genuine Health Greek yogurt protein powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup organic molasses
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl – combine the cassava flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, cloves, pepper, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg and molasses and whisk until combined. (Mixture will combine easier if coconut oil and molasses is warmed on the stove).
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix just until combined. (Mixture will be slightly dry – that is how you want it to be)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough on a separate piece of parchment paper (about ¼ inch thick)
- Use gingerbread man cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes and place each cookie on a parchment-lined baking sheet (the dough doesn’t expand much, so don’t worry about leaving too much space in between)
- Place baking sheets in the oven.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, the cookies will further crisp as they cool. Place the baking sheets on cooling racks to cool.
Make it vegan: Substitute egg with 3 tablespoons applesauce or flax egg, and use a vegan protein powder