It’s time to focus on the health of your liver.
Basically, if your liver is not functioning at it’s best – your hormones will have a hard time remaining balanced.
Not only is the liver in charge of metabolizing hormones and converting thyroid hormones (T4- inactive form to T3- active form) – but it plays a key role in the detoxification processes within the body.
If you have excessive amounts of toxins built up within the body (whether it’s from too much alcohol, drugs including prescription drugs, pesticides in foods and environmental toxins) – your liver will have to work in overtime to engage in it’s normal processes.
Liver detox smoothie recipe:
1. 2 beets (stimulates liver function)
2. 1 tbsp @GenuineHealth greens + (neutralizes heavy metals and toxins)
3. 1 scoop @GenuineHealth vegan proteins (builds and repairs tissues including muscle, skin and the liver)
4. Frozen berries (high in vitamins and antioxidants, which aids the body in synthesizing toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water and eliminated)
5. 1 avocado (fat source – which helps make the nutrients more absorbable by the body)
6. Filtered water
If you are experiencing digestive issues, skin conditions, high LDL (“bad cholesterol”) and low HDL (“good cholesterol”), excess abdominal fat/inability to lose weight even with caloric restriction, I highly recommend checking out “The Hormone Reboot – Digestive Healing” (which also focuses on liver health) in the guide section of my website.