Apart from hormone imbalances and common disorders like IBS, Ulcers, Gastroparesis, GERD and Gastritis – there are many avoidable factors that could be causing indigestion!
1. Consuming carbonated beverages (this includes carbonated water too).
You are literally swallowing gas (carbon dioxide to be exact).
This gas gets trapped in the digestive system and can lead to indigestion.
Not only are you drinking gas, but by consuming sugary sodas – you are also feeding the bad bacteria in your gut with sugar!
2. Swallowing air (This includes talking while eating, chewing gum, chewing with your mouth open, drinking from straws etc)
3. Lying down directly after eating
4. Not letting your food properly digest before going to bed (I normally recommend your last meal being at least two hours before bed)
5. Tight clothing that can squeeze your stomach, as this can cause its contents to enter the esophagus.
6. Eating foods that you are intolerant to.
7. Eating too much at once and overloading your digestive system.
8. Eating too fast and not properly chewing your food.
9. Bad posture while your eating or eating on the go.
10. Not drinking enough water! Dehydration may be causing your digestion to stall! (You need to drink water to release water. Drinking more water will add in minimizing fluid retention)
Do you think any of these factors are contributing to your indigestion?