Apart from hormone imbalances and common disorders like IBS – there are many avoidable factors that could be causing you to bloat!
- Consuming carbonated beverages (this includes carbonated water too).
You are literally swallowing gas (carbon dioxide to be exact).
This gas gets trapped in the digestive system and can lead to bloating.
Not only are you drinking gas, but by consuming sugary sodas – you are also feeding the bad bacteria in your gut with sugar!
2. Swallowing air (This includes talking while eating, chewing gum, drinking from straws etc)
3. Eating foods that you are intolerant to.
4. Eating high amounts of cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, cabbage as they contain a sugar that remains undigested until bacteria in your gut ferment it which produces gas, which can result in bloating.
5. Eating too much at once and overloading your digestive system.
6. Eating too fast and not properly chewing your food.
7. Bad posture while your eating or eating on the go.
8. Not drinking enough water! Dehydration may be causing your digestion to stall! (You need to drink water to release water. Drinking more water will add in minimizing fluid retention)
Do you think any of these factors are contributing to your bloat?