Now more than ever, I think supporting our immune system should be crucial. An important part of our immune system also means supporting our lymphatic system. Our lymphatic system serves as your body’s drainage system, aiding in natural detoxification, immune health, and fluid balance (not to mention there are beauty benefits too).
Unlike our circulatory system that utilizes our heart as a pump, the lymph system does not have a pump and it relies on us to keep things moving.
How do I keep things moving?
1. Getting in movement daily. I strength train regularly and walk at least 10,000 steps daily (think of movement and muscle contractions as a pump)
2. Staying hydrated
3. A diet rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
4. Dry body brushing
6. Self-massage / Foam rolling
7. Contrast showers (hot/cold immersion)
8. Gua sha tool
9. Herbal teas
10. Quality sleep (for the glymphatic system)