Because recovery (sleep, hydration, nutrition and therapies) is just as, if not more important than training itself.
How do I recover quicker?
- Adequate sleep (I cannot stress how important this is!)
- Proper nutrition (Limit inflammatory foods if possible)
- Stay hydrated (I personally drink around 3-4L of water everyday)
- Cold thermogenesis (I use this method nearly every day in the form of morning and evening contrast showers)
- Deep tissue massage/Foam rolling (If I don’t have time for a massage, I make time with my foam roller/acupressure mat)
- Magnesium/Epsom Baths (works miracles for muscle soreness and enhancing relaxation).
How do you recover?