Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning it can’t be produced by the body.
1. It works to boost the immune system by helping white blood cells function better.
2. It’s great for reducing overall stress, as it allows the body to optimally clear out excess cortisol (primary stress hormone)
3. It increases nutrient availability – meaning that it enhances the bioavailability of other nutrients, inevitably preventing deficiencies by improving absorption.
4. It helps facilitate collagen synthesis, which makes it a vital molecule for skin health. #glowup
5. It’s a strong antioxidant that can strengthen your body’s natural defences to fight against oxidative damage in the body (playing a critical role in health and disease prevention)
My favourite sources are citrus fruits, brussel sprouts and kale.