1. Berries contain a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals which can to help overcome an array of hormone imbalances (mainly due to containing high amounts of anthocyanin)
2. Berries are high in fiber, which aids in great digestive health and satiation.
3. Berries can work to reduce delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), which is why I always include them in my post-workout smoothie. Basically anthocyanin is an antioxidant that gives berries that blue, red or dark purple hue – which in this case works to eliminate and neutralize free radicals and waste products formed as a result of exercise.
4. Berries are loaded with antioxidants that protect the immune system and maintain skin health by protecting cells from free radical damage.
5. Berries are low in sugar, meaning they can be a staple in most diets (including low carb and ketogenic)
My favourite are blueberries, blackberries and raspberries