If you are overweight, under a lot of stress, on prescription medications or experiencing a hormonal imbalance like low testosterone – it is actually quite common to experience a low sex drive.
But how can you increase your sex drive naturally?
- Improve your sleep (basically lack of sleep = lack of testosterone and lack of vaginal lubrication)
- Decrease your stress levels and add in adaptogens if necessary to increase sexual desire and establish hormonal balance.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration can cause fatigue, headaches and vaginal dryness – all which lead to low sexual desire.
- Get movement in that supports a positive hormonal profile
- Add natural aphrodisiacs to your meals (avocados, dark chocolate and almonds are my fav)
- Avoid consuming fried foods, processed foods, refined sugar in excess as they can have a negative effect on your hormones.
- Check your iron levels (low iron levels can have a negative affect on libido, lubrication and ability to have an orgasm). Only supplement with iron if you have a deficiency.
- Be aware of your Na:K ratio. If you are consuming a diet high in sodium, without enough potassium (avocados, spinach, bananas etc) – this can contribute to high blood pressure (aka decreased blood flow to the sex organs)
If you are a male experiencing chronic fatigue/lack of energy, reduced muscle mass, low libido, gynecomastia, erectile dysfunction, abnormal weight gain and/or decreased ability to handle stress – I highly recommend checking out “The Hormone Reboot – Low Testosterone” in the guide section of my website.
If you are a female experiencing excessive bloating/water retention, abnormal weight gain, low libido, irregular periods, constant headaches, mood swings, anxiety, depression and/or insomnia – I highly recommend checking out “The Hormone Reboot – Estrogen Dominance” in the guide section of my website.
If you are looking for a training program that promotes a positive hormonal profile, I highly recommend checking out both versions of “The Happy Hormone Exercise Guide” in the guide section of my website.