I think a lot of people have a hard time looking at the positive things in life, because they are so focused on the negative. To me it’s pretty simple – if I want to be happy, I do more things that make me happy.
Sometimes feelings of happiness can come from the simplest things. For me:
1. Petting dogs or looking at videos/photos of puppies
2. Beautiful flowers
4. Getting a really good workout in
5. Catching up with friends and family (with snacks and vino)
6. Trying out a new restaurant
8. Re-reading some of my favourite books
10. Experiencing something new
11. Freshly painted nails
12. Putting on a pair of heels
I think it’s so important to find the little things in life everyday that make you happy – but I think it’s also important to find your purpose (if you don’t have one) because I feel like lasting happiness is having a sense of meaning.
If you are feeling dissatisfied with your own life, I think one of the best things you can do to find your purpose is to pursue something bigger than yourself – something that can actually make a difference and contribute value into someone else’s life.
I love you all so much and it makes me so unbelievably happy that I can make a positive impact in your lives and help you in the best ways I can. I appreciate you all!